How should I care for my wood furniture?
Caring for your furniture is simple and can ensure a lifetime of enjoyment from your investment. These tips will help you maintain the beauty of your furniture for years to come.
- In winter months use a humidifier and control humidity. Your house should be kept at 40- 45% humidity
- Avoid using solvents, water, hot or cold objects on the furniture for the first month while the finish cures.
- Open the doors and drawers daily during the first month to ensure proper curing of the inside of cabinetry, an hour a day is recommended.
Tips for the daily use of your Timberware piece:
- Avoid direct sunlight. Use curtains or blinds during the day.
- Use a placemat or coaster under all rough tableware and hot or cold objects.
- Do not leave spills unattended, clean up any wet spots on the wood surface immediately.
- Dust often with a soft cloth, following the grain pattern of the wood
- For cleaning, you may use a slightly damp cloth. Dry immediately with a soft dry cloth and buff lightly, following the grain.
- Do not wax or use any polish like pledge or anything containing silicon.
- Do not use abrasive cleaners.
- Do not scrape or drag dishes across the finish.
- Periodically check and tighten hardware as necessary.
IMPORTANT: Failure to follow these care tips may void your warranty.
What currency are the prices I see on the site?
All prices are in Canadian Dollars.
I just placed an order, when will it ship?
We try our best to ship items as fast as we can. Please allow 7-14 days production time for your order to ship out, average shipping times are 5-10 days.
For custom orders, we generally work off a 4-6 week lead time.
Delivery dates cannot be guaranteed and delays may occur.
I am not in love with my order, can it be returned?
Due to the custom nature of our business, refunds may only be approved on a case by case basis. We strive to put forth the highest quality product and hope that you are thrilled with your order. If there is an issue, we will do our best to address it, however any return or refund will be at the sole discretion of Timberware management.
What if my item is damaged?
We pay extreme attention to detail and aim to deliver a perfect product every time. For local pick up, please look over your item to ensure its perfection before leaving the shop. Clients are responsible for the handling, safe-transport, and care of furniture including loading and unloading, the packing and unpacking of a product, as well as any necessary assembly or disassembly. We will of course, help you load your vehicle, but are not liable for any damage incurred in doing so.
For shipped orders, we recommend paying for the full coverage insurance as there are no returns on shipped items.
Can I cancel my order?
There are no cancellations on custom orders. For stocked orders, there are no cancellations once a product has shipped. You must cancel your order before it ships. If the item is already sent, there will be no refunds.
How long does shipping take?
Shipping times vary as we do ship Canada wide. The average shipping time is 5-10 business days depending on your location.
I have a question that wasn't answered, can you please help?
Absolutely! We are here to help you make your home beautiful! Please send us a message through the contact form and we will be happy to assist you in any way we can.
We do receive a large number of emails, If you wish to get a prompt response please attach your order number and address the problem clearly, thank you!